(Nashville, Tenn. – Apr. 11, 2013) Truro recording artist Ashley Forrest is releasing her debut album, Seven Hundred Miles, on April 16. The album will be available internationally through all major digital retailers, including iTunes and Amazon.
The breakout release features ten tracks, four of which were written by the singer. The album was produced by accomplished musician and Grammy-nominated producer, Mark Moffatt.
“It was such a pleasure and an honor to work with producer Mark Moffatt,” says Forrest. “Not only is he amazing at what he does, but we had such a fun time in the studio making this record. I couldn’t be more excited about the way this album came together, and I can’t wait for people to hear it!”
The album title is derived from the exact mileage from Ashley’s Maryland home to Nashville, where the album was recorded. Forrest explains that the title is representative of her journey, obstacles and triumphs that have brought her to this point.
Physical copies of the album are also being made available for purchase starting April 30 through www.AshleyForrestMusic.com.
Ashley’s debut single, “Pourin’ Over Me” was well recieved at the Music Row Country Breakout Chart, garnering over 4,000 spins on 30+ radio stations and reaching the top 50 on the chart.
The young artist from Crofton, Maryland, originally had her sights set on a career as a college chorus teacher, but just couldn’t shake the allure of performing. A brief stint working at a local Baltimore area radio station changed her mind and her career direction. Forrest attributes that Pop-Country sound to the success of many of today’s modern female Country artists, including superstars Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert, but also iconic trailblazers like Shania Twain. Forrest explains that the material may be rooted in traditional Country instrumentation, with dobro, banjo and mandolin throughout, but the production puts a glossy, Pop spin on the finished product.
1. “Eyes Wide Open” (Robert Ellis Orral/Rivers Rutherford)
2. “If That’s Alright With You” (Dave Berg/Marty Dodson/Lila McCann)
3. “Anywhere But Here” (Ashley Forrest)
4. “Just Fall” (Victoria Banks/Kacey Coppola/Kate Coppola)
5. “Pourin’ Over Me” (Kacey Coppola/Kate Coppola/Danny Myrick/Jeff Spence)
6. “Because Of You” (Ashley Forrest)
7. “Try And Stop Me” (Emily Shackleton)
8. “Here With Me” (Ashley Forrest)
9. “I’ll Be” (Ashley Forrest)
10. “What I Did Last Night” (Dave Berg/Dave Haywood/Charles Kelley/Hillary Scott)
For more information, visit www.AshleyForrestMusic.com.